Dastgyr is on a mission to simplify the inefficient retail supply chain by connecting retailers with suppliers via technology. It is empowering the often non-serviced areas of the retail landscape by offering extensive inventory choices, transparent pricing, and next day doorstep delivery -- all with a few clicks from a smartphone. Dastgyr aims to positively impact the country’s economy by helping offline grocery retailers, who contribute significantly to Pakistan's GDP.
About the role:
We are looking for a Software Architect to manage teams of developers. The candidate should have worked on cutting-edge technologies and large enterprise applications. The role gives you ownership for partnering with stakeholders to shape the roadmap and provide engineering thought leadership. You will nurture and manage a team of engineers and be responsible for their performance and be a trailblazer for the team’s culture.
You will be responsible for making sure that deliveries are predictable, of high quality, and maintainable in the long run. You should be able to suggest development processes in the organization and help identity and highlight improvement areas.
- Manage teams of high-performing engineers delivering innovative solutions from design to release across multiple platforms,
- Derive technical requirements from business and regulatory necessities provided by the stakeholders on the project,
- Translate the functional requirements into technical designs, diagrams, and other content for the development team to follow including guidance on the technologies for the implementation of each component and connections between those components,
- Utilize tools, technology, and various methodologies to create functional and intuitive,
- Recruit, mentor, and develop premier teams of engineers,
- Work creatively to further improve development processes,
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is created as a deliverable of each project,
- Create unified development standards for the development team including elements such as
- standard formatting,
- acceptance testing,
- regression testing,
- documentation formatting, etc.,
- Perform architectural and code reviews to ensure development standards are being followed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another related technical field,
- 8+ years of relevant technical experience,
- Ability to work in a rapid delivery environment,
- Experience working with multi-tier system development,
- Experienced in multiple full-stack environments and frameworks i.e. Node.js, Dot Net core, Python, React.js, Elasticsearch, Redis, Salesforce, Postgres, MongoDB,
- Proficiency in OOP, including design patterns and frameworks. Experience with functional programming is a plus,
- Should have a clear understanding of TDD and DDD,
- Good understanding of GitLab CI/CD / Jenkins / CodeDeploy or any other similar tool,
- Sound Knowledge of Software Development processes and methodologies (CMMI, Waterfall, Iterative, Agile),
- Expertise in integrating large-scale enterprise applications and ERP development,
- Experience in n-tier and n-layer distributed application development,
- Should have a very in-depth understanding of SOA and Microservices,
- Hands-on experience planning & implementation on high-end systems,
- Hands-on experience working on requirement finalization, business analysis, and documentation,
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented team,
- An exciting and fast-paced business directly impacting Pakistan's economic landscape,
- High levels of autonomy in strategy and decision-making,
- Market competitive remuneration,
- Free Dastgyr credits,
- Flat hierarchies, with short and open channels of communication,
- A meritocratic and rewarding work culture built around core values of collaboration, growth, and execution,
- Performance-based bonuses,
- Travel allowance,
- Unlimited leaves,
- Internet allowance,
- Employee stock options,
- Training budget to help upgrade skills.